Well Well …. who doesn’t love cakes and who doesn’t love traditional indian sweets. I, for one, love them both. So when a food contest came up, I decided to try something fusion. A ghevar is an Indian sweet and would seem poles apart in taste from a Gooey chocolate cake. But put them together and lo! you have a winner in less than 2 hours! While a ghevar would require some practice to perfect ( you can find the recipe here – https://thehappyfoods.com/2017/01/24/rajasthani-ghevar-with-rabdi/), but once done – turning it into a cake is a pretty simple task. Just follow the steps and you have a winner recipe to impress at a party!
Prep Time: 2 hours
Ingredients for making the cake:
- 3 finely cooked and cooled ghevars
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 tspns sugar
- 2 tspns cocoa powder (optional)
- Dark chocolate compound – 200 gms
- Chopped dryfruits
- 1 tspn butter (For glaze)
- Pour 2 cups of heavy cream in & sugar in a large bowl and whip it continuously in one direction until it becomes thick and soft peaks are formed. (Tip: Test the right consistency by taking a spoonful of the whipped cream and trying to drop it. A thick dollop should fall down).
- Heat 1 cup heavy cream in a large vessel and bring it to a boil. Add the chocolate compound and keep stirring until it melts completely. The chocolate and cream should be thoroughly mixed to give a rich texture.
- Add the butter to the prepared chocolate ganache to give it a shine.
- Take out the refrigerated whipped cream.Take a ghevar and spread the whipped cream on it. Place another ghevar on it and repeat the process with all the 3 ghevars. Allow this 3 tiered ghevar cake with whipped cream to refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Take the cake and pour the ganache over it. Let it refrigerate until the ganache sets ( about 30 mins) and then garnish with dryfruits.
I am sure your guests will be impressed by this easy to prepare dessert! Go try!