You must have had a lot of brownies in a lot of cafes – CCD, Starbucks, etc, etc.. And everytime you must have gone …”Ummm .. this is so yum!!”. But to be very frank, this recipe that you are about to read here is about one of the easiest that you will ever come across. Chocolate and brownies have always been one of my weaknesses and I forever wanted to learn a simple recipe of it. So this is one that I learnt from one of my aunts Kalindi Popat, who is herself a great cook and artist! I have been using this recipe for more than 5 years now and it has never failed!
Give it a try – it will hardly take half an bour ! 😀
Prep Time: 30 mins
- 3 cups crushed biscuit powder (Parle-g/Marie biscuit)
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tsp drinking chocolate
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Mix all the dry ingredients except baking powder and baking soda.
- Add mix and keep stirring until properly mixed. (Tip: You can increase the quantity of milk as per the level of consistency needed. Note that the mixture is of free running consistency – it should flow freely from a spoon – a semi liquid form)
- Add chopped walnuts and mix well. (Tip: For a better taste, dry roast the walnuts for a few seconds).
- Add baking soda and baking powder and mix properly. Take care that you add these two ingredients only at the time of baking and in proper quantity. Otherwise there will be cracks in the final brownie while rising.
- Grease the baking tray with ghee and sprinkle wheat flour in it. Ensure that the entire baking tray is covered with the flour. This will help ensure that the entire brownie comes out neat without sticking to the tray.
- Bake the brownie for 15 mins at 300 degrees F. Check the brownie after the first 10 mins and adjust the time accordingly.
- Let the brownie rest inside the oven once baked. Take it out and let it cool. Take out the entire brownie by inverting over a large plate. Serve hot with vanilla icecream and dark chocolate sauce.