And I am back with a basic cookie recipe!
Tea time for me is incomplete without my marie biscuit or a wheat rusk! But, if i get home baked fresh butter cookies then why not!? I mean, have you ever had someone bake fresh butter cookies in your home … and you getting tempted to eat them as soon as the smell wafts towards you!? That feeling! Oh my God!
Going a little technical, the word ‘Cookie’ is derived from the Dutch word ‘koekje’. Called by different names in different countries, cookie basically means a thin, crisp, small cake. But modern day suggests it as a thin, crisp and soft flour based biscuit – as we all know it commonly! When you hear words or terms like biscotti, sable and cookie – don’t get confused. As per my research, all of them are the same – called by different names in different places – basically a cookie.
So, here is an extremely simple recipe of almond butter cookies which can be prepared in no time at all! I mean really – 40 mins and you are ready with some mouth watering cookies to go with your tea!
Prep Time: 40 mins
- 40 gms powdered sugar
- 100 gms chilled butter
- 120 gms wheat flour/all purpose flour
- Milk for binding
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- 20 gms almond powder
- Sieve the flour, sugar and almond powder together in a large vessel.
- Add the vanilla essence and chilled butter to the flour mixture. Mix all the things roughly together.
- Now add the milk as required for bringing all the ingredients together into a dough. (Note: Ensure that the dough is not dry)
- Cover the dough in a cling wrap or a muslin cloth and refrigerate it for an hour in the freezer. (Note: Do not skip this step for best results)
- Once the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 360 Degrees C and roll the dough with a rolling pin. Cut out cookies of desired shape and place them on a baking paper in a baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for about 30 mins in the preheated oven at 180 Degrees C. (Note: First time you make these cookies, do keep a tab on your time as oven to oven, the time might differ by a few minutes)
- Let the cookies get thoroughly baked till they are nice golden brown in colour and you can smell them sitting 1 m away! Quite literally! 😀